Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Things I Learned Today!




Hey everyone!  I wanted to share a variety of unrelated information I learned today!  I spent a couple hours today reading through some magazines, and on YouTube and I came out smarter!



Amazing Discovery #1

Are your eyebrows sparse?  There are a few things you can do to make them appear fuller, like fill them in with a brow pencil, obviously.  Today I learned that if you steer clear of eye creams and SPF on your eyebrow area, your eyebrows will start filling in again within a month or so.  Apparently we are so used to putting all kinds of pore clogging ingredients on and around our brows that we clog our pores up and make our little hairs unable to sprout up!  The person writing the magazine article is a doctor and claims that her patients that do this are in shock at how much of a difference it makes.  COOL! Gonna try it.



Amazing Discovery #2

Thinking of hopping on the bandwagon with the BB creams?  If you don't know what that means, it stands for Blemish Balm or Beauty Balm.  I was thinking it sounded like a cool new thing I'd like to try, until I watched this video- I think I'll stick with my tinted moisturizer!









Amazing Discovery #3


Do you know that the people at Kohl's literally have a button on their register they can push that says 20% off?  Today I was there and had forgotten my coupon (or at least that's what I said, I'm not actually sure if I had one) and before I could even pretend dig through my purse, she pressed the magic 20% off register button. She then told me, that at any time, say that you would like to use your 20% off coupon that you don't have with you, and the employee will always be able to do that for you.  How awesome!  What a great store- you never have to pay full price!  





A couple more random nuggets of info:




1.  I found an awesome Bedhead product today- It was called Peppermint Hair Mask, and was in a huge liter bottle like their shampoo is normally in.  Jessica and I have been really into the S Factor hair mask, but it's very expensive, so if this is a cheaper dupe within their line, I'm on board for sure. I got it for $7.99 at our local discount store.  Has anyone tried it?



2.  Have you ever had Kohl's cash or one of those $10 off a $10 purchase in a store and you are literally stumpted at what to buy?  If you are constantly searching for deals and shopping like some of us do, every so often you might think "I have no idea what I'm going to use this for."  My mom taught me to always use those coupons no matter what- because it's free stuff, duh!- and if you can't think of anything you want, use it to buy underwear, socks, and undershirts.  Three things you will always need!  Today I used my $40 in Kohl's cash to buy a bunch of undies for me and some undershirts for the hubby.  FREE money well spent.  :-)



Just had to share my random little factoids.  Do you have any to share with me?  I read the eyebrow thing today and I was squirming in my seat at work in anticipation of sharing that with ya'll.  I will make sure to keep my eye cream FAR away from those little brows tonight.



Yours in Beauty, Justina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...